[pct-l] Cramming a BV450

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 17:37:29 CST 2009

Take the 'factory sealed' stuff out of it's packaging!  It's desicated
enough to last without it and will pack into the can better.  Some volume
can be saved by cramming loose stuff in spaces between packages.  (I've
heard of rice and oatmeal being carried loose.)
My husband and I got 10 days worth of food into our bear canisters (except
for the dinner we were eating that day).  OK, we did lose some weight during
that portion.  Leave out the lowest calorie stuff, search the web for
powdered versions of foods.  Wildernessdining.com has powdered cheese,
butter, peanut butter, beans, etc.  don't take stuff you can't stomp on and
crush into the can.
Ellen