[pct-l] Cramming a BV450

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 13:01:26 CST 2009

I don't know what kind of meals u were packing but I did 7 days on the JMT in 06 with a Garcia canister and still had plenty of room for my pot (the one I cook with), bowl, spork and anything else that had scent AND had about two days of food still left over. And I feasted on two of those days...Trader Joes Indian packet (kinda heavy but worth it) and couscous....mmmm. A couple of store bought dehydrated crap...tuna packets, roll of crackers, snack puddings, chocolate, paydays, oatmeal, grits, potatoes, ramen noodles, pnut butter, honey, nutella, flour torts, coffee, tea, creamer, tapatio packets, hydralite....LOTS of bars....I can't think of what else, yeh u need to buy some smaller meals or something for a ten day trip...it's totally doable in those larger containers. On my shorter trips I bring eggs, cheese, apples, oranges for like 3-4 days.....yeh u should have plenty of space...I even put my ciggies in there...just incase...I'd be pretty pissed if
 one of them bears were smoking my marlboros when I woke up!

patti