[pct-l] fuel canisters?

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Fri Jan 30 11:16:19 CST 2009

I get maybe 30 days use from a small canister for my Jetboil.
I let the food (usually Liptons) hydrate while bring to a boil.
When it comes to a boil I shut it off.
I only cook one meal. No coffee, tea etc.

That's it, that's all I use. With town stops etc. A month per canister on
the AT. I expect the PCT to be the same. Maybe I'll go crazy and use 6
instead of  5. If I am really worried about supply I can carry an extra
canister. Big deal.

So five fuel resupply stops for the ENTIRE trail. Can alcohol stoves do
that?

I do this because I'm lazy and this is the least trouble.

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob