[pct-l] Will I die using Fuel canisters?

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 09:30:14 CST 2009

Last year I started using the Primus Eta Power Pot with my cartridge stove. It really extends the life of a gas cartridge significantly.

Using it with a wind screen and an Optimus Stella+ remote stove it had water boiling super fast.

Boiling water for tea and oatmeal in the morning, and for couscous and tea in the evening using that setup a small MSR or Primus cartridge was good for 5 days plus.

For the PCT, the Optimus stove might be too heavy, but using that pot with a very light stove such as a MSR Superfly is worthy of consideration.

Getting back on topic, that pot is so efficient, you'd need fewer cartridges on the trail and so need worry less about availability.

Gary