[pct-l] Sleeping pads

Engraving Pros mail at engravingpros.com
Wed Jan 28 09:22:49 CST 2009

I just can't sleep on those ultra-lite pads any more.
After years of backpacking I thought I would have
to give it up because of my inability to sleep on the
ground. I am a side sleeper. After just a few hours
both sides would be sore and I would end up switching
from side to side every fifteen minutes or so trying to
sleep on the less sore side. I think back sleepers have
it made.

Last year I switched to a ProLite Plus. Wow what a
difference. Now I sleep like a baby. Of course the cost
is one full pound of gear. On the other hand, the pad
actually saves space as it stuffs to a smaller size than
my old egg crate type pad.

And watch for the NeoAir April '09. 9oz and stuffs
smaller than a one liter bottle. With technology perhaps
I can get back to the ultra-lite category after all.