[pct-l] Rockies Ruck Update (Mar 6th - 8th)

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 17:45:09 CST 2009

Hi all, sorry for the cross postings.

The low-key get together in the Rockies is getting bigger it seems.

I had Bill set aside 25 spots based on previous years, looks like it is getting full. Bill *MAY* be able to set aside some more spots.

Renting out space at a nearby cabin/hotel may not be a bad idea if people want to go in one one.
http://www.leadville.com/lodging.htm

Not quite the same as being at the hostel, but people can at least eat/hang there and then go to their lodgings at night.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I had Bill set aside  25 spots based on previous years.  Next year, I'll ask for more spots.

Other info:

MEALS
The meals are ala carte. You can pay for a Friday dinner - Sunday breakfast, or just a few of the meals.
Naturally, we eat together group style.

DAY USE?
Sure..come down just for the day! Saturday is the "big" day where the most activity happens.

SCHEDULE
This is the loosely organized, flexible and informal hiker gathering. Just like the CDT. :)

FRI NIGHT: Meet and greet. Probably watch a hiker DVD

SAT:
Breakfast ~8am

During the day: Many of us ski or snowshoe. In the past there have been stove and sewing demos, going over someone's pack,
impromptu workshops on trails, etc.  Rather than a set schedule, working it organically seems to work. Bring your questions, bring
your maps...and one of the many CDT/AT/PCT/XYZ trail veterans will help you out!

Dinner: ~6pm

Sat evening: I plan on showing Scarlet and Wildflower's CDT video

SUN:
Breakfast
More snow play!

FINAL NOTE: Most of th coordination is being done at the Yahoo group site. Even if you don't join the group,
you can read the announcements: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rockies_ruck/

Strider (ADZPCTKO Grand Poombah)   warned me a few years ago how these low key gatherings can get bigger. :D

Any questions? Please let me know.

Paul Mags

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com