[pct-l] pills for first aid kit

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Jan 22 21:57:29 CST 2009

In terms of heavy duty pain medications I always take enough hydrocodone
or Oxycontin or the like with me to get me out of the high country.
I've never had to take any, and throw them away as part of the spring
ritual.  I have sprained my ankle badly enough to have to leave a
section hike of the CDT where I would have LOVED to have had something
more powerful than naprosin or Vitamin I.

I've never worried about carrying six pills in one of my little
containers.  This is from a guy who this Christmas was reminded that he
carried a gallon of Gallo Hearty Burgandy in the glass bottle up to
Merced Lake.  Ahhhh - Youth...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD "The flyover zone"