[pct-l] Getting to Walker Pass, CA from Bakersfield, CA -- anyone help?

Patrick meta474 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:54:26 CST 2009

I have a friend who wants to meet me at Walker Pass on the PCT.
That's, if I recall, mile 652 or so. Anyway, he's flying into
Bakersfield on May 31st, should be there around noon.

Does anyone know if there's a shuttle or bus that will go out over
Walker Pass? When I came through in 2008, it seemed like a fairly well
traveled highway but I don't know about any public or private-for-hire
transport over the pass. Failing that, will anyone be in the area and
be willing to give a ride?

Any information is appreciated!
Joker