[pct-l] Hiker Therapy

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 20:43:55 CST 2009

Trail Dust and her PCT husband and trail partner,?Grizzly, went to seek marriage counseling.

When asked what the problem was, Trail Dust, went into a passionate, painful tirade listing

every problem they had ever had in the 15 years they had been married and hiking the PCT.

She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved

and unlovable --- an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured over the course of

their marriage. Especially, about Grizzly going off to go backpacking with his bros and staying
late down at the local hiker saloon.

Finally, after allowing this to go on for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up,

walked around the desk and after asking Trail Dust to stand. He then embraced and kissed

her passionately.

Trail Dust quietly sat down as though in a daze and with a slight smile on her face.

The therapist turned to the husband,?Grizzly and said loudly, "This is what your wife

needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?"?

Grizzly ?thought for a moment and replied, "Well, I can drop her off here on

Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I go hiking."