[pct-l] Home made quilts

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri Jan 9 13:51:43 CST 2009

> I was wondering if anyone on the list has made their own sleeping
> quilt?  Was it an easy process and were you satisfied with the results?

Yes and no.

It wasn't too difficult to make, kinda fun actually. It's has a 1.1 oz nylon
shell (non silicon of course) with polargaurd 3D insulation, ala Ray
Jardine. The materials were purchased from Outdoor Wilderness fabrics,
http://owfinc.com

For me, a single person quilt at 28oz is very cold (wearing 2 shirts, wind
suit) when temps dip into the 20's. Too cold for me. Better use of clothing
layers would have helped in my case.

At 35oz, my 15 degree Marmot Helium is great! It's too warm when it doesn't
get cold, that I can live with.

I use my quilt exclusively when perched in my bean bag in a vegetative state
watching a movie.

-postholer