[pct-l] windshirts & gaiters

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:31:04 CST 2009

Hello,

I have read countless rave reviews for the Marmot DriClime windshirts over the past 6 months. The problem is that when I go to the Marmot website I am unable to find the shirt described in Yogi's book and the trail journals that I've read. The DriClime items that I've found are all jackets weighing 10-12oz.. The two lightweight windshirts (one is a jacket-both 5oz.) on the site are made of a different material than the DriClime fabric that I've heard so many good things about.
The Ion and Motion both seem like fine options but I would question the breathability of the nylon. Being different fabrics I'm led to believe that they breath differently. Am I wrong. Does anyone have experience with the new line of Marmot windshirts or know where to find the older model? I've looked on Cabela's, Sierra Trading Post, Backcountry and only find the ten once jackets.
Also, has anyone used the Mont-Bell 2.6oz. windjacket?

Next issue: Simblissity Leva Gaiters. Simblissity no longer sells gear on their website, you are reffered to the backpackinglight.com site. The gaiters are not listed here.
I love the design of these scree gaiters, no under foot cords or glue on velcro shoe atatchments, 1.8oz per pair. Any ideas on how to find Leva Gaiters would be helpful.

Thank You,
chef