[pct-l] Grid, Graph, Spreadsheet in Preparation and During

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:52:25 CST 2009

Strider:

Remember the U-Conn Expedition in 1977? They had their whole trip--down to
lunch stops and campsites--all entered into a (mainframe) computer. It was
all printed out on green-bar paper--14 inches wide, fan-folded. Ahh, these
kids won't even know what that is!

(Just a sec. There's somebody outside. Hey! Get off my lawn!)

Okay, I'm back.

Our own planning docs were nowhere near that detailed, although it sounds
like we had a bit more than you did. We (the Kelty Kids) had bunches of
information--post office locations, schedule, calorie values of different
foods, gear lists, etc.--in a spiral-bound notebook.

Carl
1977 PCT Kelty Kid