[pct-l] 2 Q's: Contact lenses and search feature

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Jan 6 00:31:09 CST 2009

Try going to Google via this link:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amailman.backcountry.net+pct-

Leave everything in the space box and add a single space and then what
you want to search for.

I wear hard (RGP) contacts almost all the time. Glasses don't work too
well for me. I am VERY paranoid about my eyes though, as I'm already on
my second pair of corneas. My thoughts:

Wash hands well, usually following up with Purell.
Lay a bandana on the floor of the tent to (hopefully) catch the contact
if you drop it.
Remove lenses while as close to the floor as possible to avoid loss if
dropped (they can bounce).
Follow usually routine from home. In my case, I use an all-in-one
solution (used for both soaking and cleaning), so I soak at night, then
rinse them in the morning and add a drop of solution for moisture.
Carry rewetting solution or liquid tears for use during the day.
Be prepared in high winds (think sand storms) to remove lenses and use
glasses if necessary.

AsABat
What's an AsABat? www.4jeffrey.net/hike/asabat.htm