[pct-l] 2 Q's: Contact lenses and search feature

Sarah B simrose33 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:54:35 CST 2009

I'm new to the list, so first off I want to say hi.  HI!So I've been scrolling through the list month-by-month but am wondering if there is a search feature somewhere that I'm not seeing.  That way I could just type in my question topic and see what comes up before re-hashing an old discussion.My actual question is this:  any advice on contact lenses out on the trail?  I would prefer not to wear my glasses - given sweat, breakability,and wanting to wear sunglasses.  My problem is that I can not wear the monthly contacts they you're supposed to be able to leave in for 30 days.I had those for the AT and almost did some bad damage to my eyes - I had been having some pain and tolerance problems with them from about Mass. onward and when I went home and to the eye doctor in October I was relegated to my glasses for a month and then put on the biweekly contacts that I take out every night.Does anyone have any experience with contacts that they take out every night whether they be daily disposables or biweekly/monthly ones?  Whatworked in terms of hygiene, carrying solution/not carrying solution (dailies), etc.?Thanks for your help.