[pct-l] Solio Charger

Ellie Thomas sidselliott at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 11:44:47 CST 2009

I used the Solio charger on my PCT Hike.  I simply strapped it to the top of my pack as I hiked.  Since it was on the top of the Osprey pocket, it never got in the way.

In S. Cal, I would get a full charge about every 2-3 days.  After S.Cal, I would generally get to town before it was completely charged.  There was just too much tree cover.

It was less expensive, and lighter at this point, to just carry 1 or 2 backup batteries for my BB.

The only problem with the back-up batteries was that you have to stay in town long enough to charge them.  I never had an issue finding places to let me charge them though (every restaurant I asked, conv. Stores, PO's, campgrounds, etc).

Ellie
Ellie
sidselliott at aol.com