[pct-l] wet feet / sandals etc.

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 23:06:49 CST 2009

Regarding the question of whether feet would be wet at times in snow other than stream crossings, through the Sierra my feet were wet almost all the time.  Partly that might be because i went through a little on the early side, and actually had to make tracks occasionally, but anyway they were wet.  I was uncomfortable, not exactly happy, and kept expecting blisters.  Thing is, my feet were tough enough by then that they were just fine, having no crocs, sandals, or anything.  It was just a comfort and mental fatigue issue.  I'm still not sure if to do it again i'd have a goretex or sandal strategy, or if i'd just know that i'll be fine, relax, and not feel so bothered by it.