[pct-l] shoes, sandals, ursacks, sneering Ultralighters, and Uncle Lorenzo

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Feb 28 21:06:09 CST 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 1:39 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Subject: Re: [pct-l] shoes, sandals, ursacks, sneering Ultralighters,
> 	and Uncle Lorenzo

A great option for extra shoes is Crocs. They are much lighter than
Tevas. You can cross streams and even hike in them. (I put my
superfeet inside for support). They protect your toes. They are
fashionable too, with lots of fun colors. They hurt with bare feet,
though, because pine needles seem to find their way inside.

Before I had Crocs I had thongs (aka flip-flops, oh how today's youth
have corrupted a perfectly good word!) I walked 15 miles wearing a
thong on one foot and a shoe on the other. I had a bad toe blister. I
wore heavy socks and tied the thong on with a shoelace. Worked great.