[pct-l] Anyone have bear or mountain lion story

Jack Young auctionjack at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 26 15:33:08 CST 2009

Griz,

In 2000 we did a 50 mile loop on the south side on Yellowstone Lake (1.5 day
canoe trip to trailhead).  Coming back to our canoe at the end of the loop
right in the middle of the trail was a grizz on an elk carcass. It took a
while to get him to move along.  Very exciting and a very different animal
than a Sierra Black Bear.

Mountain Lion

Seen a few in AZ where I grew up.  One about 10 yards away.  We stared at
each other for about 30 seconds.  I blinked and the lion was gone without a
sound.  Poof!

See Craig Childs new book http://www.houseofrain.com/ for several amazing
stories along this line.  He is an amazing backpacker.

Be well,

Jack