[pct-l] trekking poles

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:28:28 CST 2009

"hey folks interested in any thoughts on trekking poles"

Apart from searching the archives for this list, a google domain
constrained search on a site like whiteblaze.net will turn up a lot of
discussion on this topic, such as
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46255
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/archive/index.php?t-27254.html
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/archive/index.php?t-2863.html

Or use the search link on http://www.backcountryforum.com/ to find
more already extant discussion on this general purpose topic, such as
http://www.backpacking.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=110242

Or try http://search.backpackinglight.com/ and limit the searched
section to "reviews" or "forums" to turn up more.

I'm not attempting to limit discussion here, just an FYI that there's
a ton of discussions about general purpose backpacking stuff like this
that are pretty easy to find.

(FWIW, I personally like adjustable length carbon fiber poles with
straps, I don't use pole baskets, and any one of those choices can
easily generate debate ...)

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle