[pct-l] What is a "Thru Hike?"

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:56:30 CST 2009

One year I hiked 1800 miles from the Mexican Border to Crater Lake, Oregon.
I asked on this list if that made me a section hiker instead of a
thru-hiker.
Someone (a friend) posted a simple "Yes"
I resented that   :)
There's nothing wrong with hiking sections, but I liked the way "Thru-Hiker"
sounded better.

I'm with Andrea.  It doesn't matter.  Besides, it was my hike, and I get to
call it what I want.

monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty