[pct-l] Obtaining a leave of absence

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Feb 22 12:59:13 CST 2009

On Feb 22, 2009, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Obtaining a leave of absence

I quit instead. But when I gave my notice they begged to give me a
leave of absence instead. I didn't take the offer, though.

When I returned from hiking for 3 months, I was glad I didn't have go
back. Now, a year later, if I wasn't planning to give the trail
another go, I might feel ok going back. It took me a while to recover
plus I've been enjoying some low-stress work and classes to improve
my skills in the meantime. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, it seems that people are inspired when people decide to
accomplish life-long goals. I was surprised how well-received the
idea was. Even if they don't know what the PCT is, they understand
what hiking from Mexico to Canada is.