[pct-l] Cottonwood Creek Trail

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Feb 21 19:39:16 CST 2009

I am planning a PCT/JMT llama trek from Leavitt Meadow to Cottonwood
Pass this summer.  I would like to avoid driving my stock rig up to
Horseshoe Meadow trailhead, so I am considering hiking down from
Horseshoe Meadow to 395 by taking the Last Chance Meadow trail and the
Cottonwood Creek trail from Horseshoe Meadow to Cottonwood trailhead
near the Cottonwood Power plant near 395.  This trail looks good on the
PCTA map and the Tom Harrison Golden Trout map.  But I wonder if it
really exists on the ground.  Has anyone on this list had any experience
hiking this trail, or know anything about it?
Marion