[pct-l] PCT Northbound Starting Dates

Ikem Freeman ikem.freeman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:24:44 CST 2009

  Matthew,

April 11 sounds like a great start date to me. I started on April 11, 2008,
hiking two miles that first night ... didn't want to camp on the border!

I wouldn't worry if you can't find someone to hike with prior to starting.
You'll find people hiking at your pace though-out the entire trail that you
will hike with, and if you don't, hiking alone and also be a great
experience. I think I had about 4 days last year that I didn't see another
hiker all day. You'll always find other hikers in town or at major road
crossings (like the PCT McDonalds!)

I was lucky to get a ride back to KO, and I'm really glad that I went. It
taught me a lot!

Good luck on your hike!

O. Ikem Sofar

*Matthew Oliphant* zolimark at hotmail.com
<pct-l%40backcountry.net?Subject=%5Bpct-l%5D%20PCT%20Northbound%20Starting%20Dates&In-Reply-To=>
*Mon Feb 2 00:26:22 CST 2009*