[pct-l] UL vs going without-your freedom

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Thu Feb 19 22:15:54 CST 2009

"One man's heaven can be another man's hell"

If it is your desire to hike with the comforts of home and be ready for what
may, then that is right for you.

If hikers want to go as light as possible, are aware of the pros and cons,
and are willing to live with that, then so be it for them.

We as fellow hikers are not here to pass judgment but to encourage the safe
use and responsible enjoyment of our vast Wilderness.

As many of you may know, I'm not a proponent of the extreme UL philosophy,
but if another hiker wants to travel that way, he has the freedom to live as
he wants. If he wants to encourage me to do the same, I can agree to
disagree or adopt his principles to whatever degree I decide-that is my
freedom.

It is not the place in this List to name-call or in any other way demean a
person for their choices.

Mtnned