[pct-l] Shoes

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Feb 18 22:45:43 CST 2009

Last year I ordered shoes from the pay phone at Kennedy Meadows, but
I could have used the Internet Cafe. I needed to use the phone
because I wanted to make sure I chose the right shipping to mail the
shoes to VVR. I ordered them from Zappos.

Well, I worried the shoes would never make it because the address to
VVR didn't fit the format of their system's form fields and the guy
on the phone was trying to upgrade my shipping to overnight when I
didn't think that would work. But by some miracle they did make it to
VVR. I am the one who didn't make it to VVR so I never got my shoes.

Months later when I got home, after having tried many times to call
VVR and getting no answer, and assuming my shoes were a total loss, I
thought I would call up Zappos and see what they could do. I spoke to
them and it seemed like probably nothing could be done. A day or so
later I got an email from Zappos. Somehow they were able to talk to
someone at VVR, get them to return my shoes to Zappos and Zappos
credited my account. Wow. I didn't even ask them to do all that.

So, Zappos is another option for ordering shoes, especially if you
already know what shoes you want.