[pct-l] On the trail....''Grubby'' is good

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Feb 18 09:29:58 CST 2009

Yes Diane & Monty,
I never have been bothered by dogs on the trail.
They don't seem to have any desire to growl or snap at me.
Perhaps I don't look or smell to appetizing to them.
It seems they prefer the good smelling clean ones like 'Monty''...he, he, he.
The same with bears....that is one reason why I am not particular interested
in being overly clean and good smelling on the trail.

On the trail, GRUBBY IS GOOD.....clean & sweet smelling, not so good.

JMT Reinhold
Your GRUBBY trail companion

Diane wrote:
Jeez, Monty. Maybe you need to stop carrying bacon-scented deoderant.
Au Natural is a lot more scary to dogs. And quit washing your
clothes, too. That'll keep everything away.

~Piper
The fun goes up when you can't smell your stink anymore