[pct-l] REI "Stabilicers"

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Feb 15 21:53:54 CST 2009

Good evening, William,

I haven't tried the Stabilicers but I have some observations.  They are
probably quite good for walking on ice or hard packed snow but the minimal
engagement depth would be somewhat limiting.  In that respect they are much
like shoe screws, except the screws are much less expensive and much
lighter.  http://www.skyrunner.com/screwshoe.htm

For the price of the Stabilicers you can buy a pair of instep crampons with
serious bite, and the crampons weigh less than half what the Stabilicers
weigh.  http://www.cmi-gear.com/catalog/essentials/crampons.asp

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:02 PM, William A. Chavez <wctrekker at dslextreme.com