[pct-l] Tents....I know, I know, beating a dead horse

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Feb 15 00:10:53 CST 2009

Good point. Let me add one thing that should be intuitive but may not be.

The higher you go, the drier the air, the lower the oxygen content of that air, and the more you are exerting yourself. Consequently, you breathe faster and deeper in the thinner, drier air. Every time you exhale, you're losing moisture. That loss builds up rapidly.

You need to drink more AND more often the higher you go. Dehydration can be a rapid and silent killer at altitude.

Wandering Bob