[pct-l] Tents....I know, I know, beating a dead horse

mcintyre johnson johnson.mcintyre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:41:59 CST 2009

This is an excellent discussion on an important issue -- a horse that
deserves to be beaten regularly because things change.

Would very much appreciate thoughts on bivys. My current favorite shelter
solution is a Integral Designs bivy (Unishelter, smidge under 2 lbs).
http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=776&CFID=366171&CFTOKEN=76400633&mainproducttypeid=1

Reasons: 1) mindlessly simple & fast set up when tired end of day, 2)
footprint allows sleep almost anywhere, 3) Head room has enough space
(believe it or not) for me to read and write with headlamp, 4) eVent fabric
really works and have very minor condensation, 5) seems like it adds 15+
degrees to night warmth, allowing me to bridge cold weather with my 20
degree bag.