[pct-l] Thru-hike the Tahoe Rim Trail while Thru-hiking the PCT

Carsten Jost carsten.jost at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:25:15 CST 2009

Hi there,

I thruhiked the PCT in 2008 and had to kill time in South Lake Tahoe waiting
for
Clean Machine to arrive as we wanted to hike the rest of the trail together.

So I thruhiked the TRT and definitely enjoyed it. It´s easy. I did
absolutely no
planning. The ressupply points are close together and you can pick up maps
for the next section at every trailhead.

I stayed in Tahoe City for 2 days and totally enjoyed the sun, the good
looking
women working at the bagel shop (oups) and the whole atmosphere which is
much nicer than South Lake Tahoe.

The other good thing is that you will hike the Desolation wilderness twice!
It´s so beautiful between Echo and Barker Pass!

Sitting in the bavarian Alpes under tons of snow....

Yours

Sauerkraut