[pct-l] CORRECTION: Permits for the rest of us

Engraving Pros mail at engravingpros.com
Sun Feb 8 13:00:34 CST 2009

You are right. I spoke without looking at the map. You do need a permit to camp
in Cleveland National Forest between Boulder Oaks Campground and Garnet Peak.
So if you hike that 26 miles without camping, no permit required. Wilderness
visitors permits are required to camp in this area. Information via the Descanco
Cleveland National Forest Ranger Station. Also, no remote camping is allowed in
the Laguan Recreational Area. Which is basically the whole top of the mountain
from mile 41 to mile 53 north bound. No wood or charcoal fires outside of the
man made campgrounds. The list of things you can't do goes on and on...

Robert