[pct-l] Wilderness Press and digital books

Roslyn Bullas rbullas at wildernesspress.com
Fri Feb 6 19:05:04 CST 2009

The PCT Data Book is available as a downloadable pdf ($9.95 at
www.ecobrain.com) and as a Kindle book through Amazon (as is the PCT
narrative Zero Days).

There is nothing that Wilderness Press would rather do than to have the
guidebooks available in digital format as well. Unfortunately, for many
boring and historical reasons--mainly because that's the way they started--
the maps in the guidebooks are still on film and can't be digitized in their
current format. Yes, we hope to have full digitized books one of these days
so you can carry them on your portable device of choice, but I don't know
when that will happen. At this point the resources aren't there.

And, despite comments to the contrary I've seen, Wilderness Press is not a
large, moneyed publishing house. We're a small publisher with six
employees--and many more incredibly dedicated authors--and are not subsized
by anyone, though at times I wish we were!

Roslyn Bullas
Associate Publisher