[pct-l] Misc. planning info

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:00:47 CST 2009

FWIW, stuff not in the handbook -

43.0 - Mt. Laguna store
They will hold packages - the charge is $5.  Include ETA, packages
will be held for three weeks, then returned.  Open 9-5 seven days a
week. Since address is a P.O. box, I assume only USPS.  Address/more
info here:
http://www.lagunamountain.com/

790.2 - Independence
Courthouse Motel - Will hold a package.  UPS street address: 157 N.
Edwards St, USPS is P.O Box 29, both - Independence, Ca 93526
Discounts for PCT hikers:
http://www.courthousemotel.oov.biz/

1506.5 - Castella
Ammarati's Market will hold a package, no charge. UPS: 20107 Castle
Creek Road, USPS: P.O. Box 90, both: Castella, Ca 96017.  No website
that I could find.

Note - I sent via USPS last year, the package arrived at the PO five
days before I did. Ammarati's has to walk across the parking lot to
retrieve their mail from the PO, but they hadn't done it by the time I
got there.  So:  use UPS.

1743.9 - Hwy 66
Green Springs Inn/Restaurant - Will hold a package, no charge.  USPS
or UPS, same address.  Because I had another weird experience with
USPS here, I'd recommend UPS.  Restaurant is closed Wed/Thu now, but
days of operation will be different in summer (don't know)  Verry good
food!  Address/more info here:
http://www.greenspringsinn.com/

Getting there - when you you pop out on Highway 66, walk the highway
to the right a bit less than two miles.