[pct-l] Humor - Never Underestimate a Woman

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 09:21:39 CST 2009

Our intrepid PCT hero, Grizzly, had a lot of old hiking gear lying around. He decided not to wait until the April Kickoff and donating it to the Hiker Box. So, he put it out in front of his house with a sign that said, “Free. You want it, you take it."

For three days the gear sat there without even one person taking anything. This started to really upset Grizzly. Finally, his wife/trail partner, TrailDust, said to him, “Look you old fool, I can get rid of all that in one night. And if I do, you owe me a Valentine's Day dinner down at the local hiker saloon and the $95 BIG heart box of Sees candy.”

Grizzly say, “Normally, I just give you some money to go buy yourself a Valentine's Day card.  But I think you are nuts, so it is a bet.”

The next morning Grizzly went out to the mail box and notice all the hiking gear was gone. He was very surprised and went back into the house to ask TrailDust what happened.

TrailDust says, “It was too easy. I just changed the sign to “For Sale” and it was stolen last night.”