[pct-l] Leg Exercises, etc.

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:55:33 CST 2009

My very good friend and personal trainer, had me doing lunges, squats, leg extensions and curls when I was training for my original 04 attempt (200 miles) and again for my 07 attempt (1600 miles that year). It wasn't my legs, knees, or hips that caused me to have to get off trail either of those times and actually I think that doing squats with up to 35 lbs was very helpful in the long run (no pun intended). I also did 'step ups', first without weight and then with weights and then cross over step ups (really aerobic exercise if done right!). At the end I was stepping up on the bench, not the "step aerobic' steps! It was quite invigorating. Happy to give more details on them if ya'll want. I kept all of her lists of exercises and explanations!
tammy t.