[pct-l] Fw: details for your REI shows: 2/18, 19, 24, 25

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Tue Feb 3 19:41:51 CST 2009

Marcia and I are going to be giving slide show presentations about hiking the PCT at four San Francisco area REI's in February.

Here is the blurb for the REI store programs (They wrote it, not us):

Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail:
Bay Area residents Ken and Marcia Powers are thru-hikers extraordinaire; in the last nine years, they’ve hiked four of our country’s long distance trails–the Appalachian Trail (AT), the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), the Continental Divide Trail (CDT), and the American Discovery Trail (ADT). Join Ken and Marcia for slides and stories of their adventures hiking the 2,658-mile PCT. As they take you from Mexico to Canada through some of the most spectacular national parks and wilderness areas of our West Coast states, they’ll highlight sections of the trail, which are perfect for shorter backpacking vacations. Find out tips on gear, trip planning, and paring down your load to a safe and comfortable minimum.

The times and dates:

7 - 8:30 pm, Wednesday, February 18

    at REI Concord: The Willows Shopping Center, 1975 Diamond Blvd., Suite B-100, 94520; (925) 825-9400

7 - 8:30 pm pm, Thursday, February 19

    at REI San Carlos: 1119 Industrial Road, Suite A, 94070; (650) 508-2330

7 - 8:30 pm pm, Tuesday, February 24

    at REI Fremont: 43962 Fremont Blvd. 94538; (510) 651-0305

7 - 8:30 pm pm, Wednesday, February 25

    at REI Mountain View: 2450 Charleston Road, 94043; (650) 969-1938

The REI people warned me that Google maps and Map Quest give incomplete/incorrect directions to the Mountain View store.  Here are the easiest directions:

    * Heading north on 101 (from San Jose/Highway 85): Exit San Antonio. Make a left at the light off the freeway. Make a left on Charleston. The store will be on the left side, about two blocks down.

    * Heading south on 101 (from Peninsula/SF): Exit San Antonio Road South. Make a left on Charleston Road. The store will be on the left about two blocks down.

Ken

www GottaWalk com