[pct-l] Burying food

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Mon Feb 2 11:46:42 CST 2009

LOL

We were talking to a ranger about burying food for one of our hikes (not the
PCT). He told us that if we buried our food, or even left it unattended for
more than 24-hours, he would write us a ticket. We thought a minute about
the cost of other alternatives and then asked him how much the ticket was.
:O

That was not a good way to get cooperation from the NFS.

I agree with Eric. Those granite rocks are close to the surface in the
sierra. We have seen huge rock cairns built. I wondered if they were to
protect someone's food.

Ken