[pct-l] Camera access locations

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Mon Dec 28 15:20:07 CST 2009

It has come to our attention that the backpacking camera is not always handy when suddenly desired to take that quick, spontaneous picture.

Where is a good place to carry your camera?

Of course, it depends on the size and weight of the camera. I would imagine that the little digitals could be carried in a shirt pocket or side pocket of a pack, but how about for those of us who want to capture our images through an SLR?

For years I carried mine high up on my Kelty's top where I could get it simply by reaching up and unwrapping its shoulder strap from around the frame extension bar, which kept it from moving too far

Are there any other options other than a chest or frontal waist carrier?

Mtnned