[pct-l] water caches

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 28 01:07:12 CST 2009

As a side note, I passed a water cache up along the Hat Creek Rim in July when out for a jaunt and it looked a lot like a trash pile.  Yeah I walked on by but it was hard to look at.  However, the water looked pretty good, and if I were hiking thru it would probably look really good.  I figure this was placed by the trail angel folks form Old Station, and chatting with the folks at the store in town they did say they were getting thru hikers coming thru there as it was early July.  The cache was full except for a couple gallon jugs that had been used partially.  I stay in the campground there at the Hat Creek Overlook when I drive thru the area and though I didn't have any thru hikers pass by, but I was ready to break out the beer cache just in case.