[pct-l] Layering

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 21 17:52:44 CST 2009

Good afternoon, Shepherd,

I'm not a fan of bag liners because they get twisted around me, and it's
just something else to fiddle with.  I suppose they do keep the inside of
the bag cleaner, though.

According to Western Mountaineering’s specs, the difference between a 30
deg. bag and a 20 deg. bag is 4 ounces of down; and the difference between a
20 deg. bag and a 10 deg. bag is also 4 ounces of down.  I would much prefer
an extra 4 or 8 ounces of down to a bag liner(s).

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09