[pct-l] So is the PCT more littered?

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 15:16:43 CST 2009

M&L
it's not that it's MORE littered. There are just some areas, such as section A b/c of the people trying to get escape that crappy life in Mexico, that don't realise leaving stuff on the trail and in the wilderness is not good for either. There are also areas, where there is alot of traffic, close to TH's that suffer from this problem as well. When I lived in LA, I visited the Baden Powell and Cooper canyon areas frequently. I was always carrying trash out from Little Jimmy and Cooper Canyon campgrounds. It pissed me off something serious. It's the low lifes that are too lazy to carry out there trash, which is ridiculous in my eyes b/c it's always lighter than when they carried it in. As on any other trail one would hike, if it's close to a TH and has a lot of traffic...there will more than likely be trash and even tagging...such as in the area of Deep Creek hot springs. The volunteers maintaining the trail do what they can to clean it up but it's alot of
 work and they usually only go out one or two times a month. Deep Creek gets ALOT of local traffic on the weekends especially and not everyone is conscience or gives a shit about mother nature. But for the most part, YES the trail is clean and beautiful. A guy I hiked with this year, Ashtray, got his name on the AT for picking up the cig butts and sticking them in his pockets until he got to twon to throw them away. He stated that the PCT was MUCH cleaner than the AT as far as that goes, but there were some sections that he was constantly bending down to pick up the leftovers of a smoker...

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!
www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!