[pct-l] My 2 cents worth of advice about photos

Linda Bakkar lbakkar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:58:12 CST 2009

I have been making DVD's with my photos from last year's section hikes, and I realize too late that I am missing an important part of my hiking experience (as far as photos go.)  I took lots of beautiful photographs on the trail, but when I left the trail to resupply, I must have put my camera away.  I have very few photos of resupply places along the trail itself, and I have NONE in any of the towns in which I had my zero days!  Now, the photos I have on my DVD help me to remember the trail, but in order to remember the towns and the wonderful trail angels who helped me along the way, I have to go to my memories, which get hazy as I get older -- and that is sad for me.  I loved the whole experience, but I neglected to document a vital part of it.  For those of you who are doing your planning right now, my advice (2 cents worth) is:  make sure you take photos of the trail towns and especially the trail angels who you will meet, not just the scenery and hiking friends -- so you may have lasting reminders of your whole trail experience!

Blue Butterfly

(Lindy, from north of Seattle)