[pct-l] Class of 2010 - trash

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Dec 17 13:34:23 CST 2009

> ... TON of stuff left behind by persons migrating through the
> area immediately north of the border. ....It would be nice if
> some kind of system could be established ....

Those 'persons migrating' are illegal immigrants.

Those who ignore broder issues (not implying you) have no place asking
hikers to be accountable for addressing the symptoms (trash) of a larger
problem (border control). A fitting solution is have those who turn a blind
eye towards 'persons migrating' go out and clean up the detritis of poor
policy.

I say let the trash lay where the illegals drop it. Let it accumulate; large
swaths of trash along section A. Let folks endure the results of
public/political apathy.

US hikers, imperfect and occasionally slothful, are more than willing to
clean up after ourselves!

-postholer

Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com
Pacific Crest Trail Photo Atlas: http://postholer.com/photoAtlas.php