[pct-l] MUD FLOWS IN anf

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Mon Dec 14 13:51:35 CST 2009

I agree, I used to use the angeles national forest, But after the northridge
earthquake, the highway turned into a major commute route to LA.
I wont drive on it in the morning rush hour or the return rush hour in the
afternoon.
The highway has turned into a raceway, for angry, hurried drivers.
Your correct the highway does not close for the winter except in big snow storms
but only for a short time until the snow is cleared by cal trans.
I also have a Subaru outback , and it runs through snow that will stop  my other
trucks.
I think that the forest service had no business opening the  crest highway to
the public, now that rain and snow season is here.
The folks who were up there were snow play (snowmen, sleds etc) folks I would
think and will run to the snow, at the drop of a hat.
 They sure could use that sign at the ANF highway and mt Emma jct, to aid
drivers.
how as the mud, slide damage on the west side.

canoeman

Quoting dsaufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com>:

> Part of the problem is there has been no way to get information on Angeles
> Forest Highway conditions, especially if you're approaching from the