[pct-l] Good old 1970s!

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 10:19:58 CST 2009

Yes,.....Vasque waffle stomper boots, cotton socks, gym shorts and a fish net
shirt is what I wore when I started hiking in the early 70's.
Maybe Monte got that idea from me.

That is when "Mountain Men" were still "Mountain Men" and "Grizzly Bears" and
"Saber Tooth Tigers" were nervous and ran when they saw us coming.

They don't seem to do that anymore.....I wonder why?

Say Monte....those were great looking legs in 1977.
BTW....You are still a  "sexy looking beast"  even in 2006.

JMT Reinhold
Your not so sexy looking anymore hiking buddy

Deems wrote:
He did change his clothes, only because they wouldn't fit, when he returned
to Cispus Pass after 29yrs.

Tom wrote
So Monte's hiking attire was gym shorts, cotton fishnet under shirt (I wore
those), Vasque boots (I wore them also), cotton shirt and maybe wool socks.
Styling, even back in the day.  It is a well know fact that cotton was not a
problem back in the 70s because we were much tougher back then.  We need
wimpy synthetics now in our older age.
The Incredible Bulk

 http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/91050259 1976
 http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/91050282  2006