[pct-l] pack fitting

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 18:46:32 CST 2009

My Kelty frame pack sits really high which feels better on my bad hips by not constricting their movement or causing pressure at or below my hip bones.
My internal packs, and my Gossamer G4 center above the actual belt line.  Sounds right.  Put your hiking gear and add some weight to simulate food, water and fuel and go walk ten miles and see how it feels is all I can think to add.  I don't know the particular pack or your back and shoulder measurements so hard to say.
I have a couple packs that are comfortable for a weekend ramble but get weird and let me know when they are overloaded.  I'm only 5'10" but have a longish back so like to wear a med-large pack with a small-medium hipbelt.