[pct-l] Water Filters

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sun Dec 6 14:50:33 CST 2009

On Dec 6, 2009, at 3:20 PM, David Ellzey wrote:
> We keep Aqua Mira on hand (1) in case the water looks too skanky to trust even after filtering or (2) we need to sterilize the filter bags in the field.

I think this is a good point that is often overlooked.  If you only use a filter for your water treatment you are assuming that you *never* contaminate the filter's output hose or your water containers.  If you use a chemical treatment you are taking care of the water *and* your containers every time you treat.

Standard practice when treating water with chemicals is to leave your caps a little loose and shake the container so that the chemically treated water rinses out the threads of your cap.

Gary Wright (Radar)