[pct-l] CA/OR

Stuart Skinner stuartskinner at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 19:19:02 CST 2009

I'm a neither a flag burner nor gun toter and I don't have any hidden agenda. I am an Englishman who was born and raised in Hong Kong. I have lived in the UK for the last 10 years and my parents have in the Middle-East for the past 8. I have spent a lot of time in the US too. I have a great affinity for the US and whilst I too can think of no other better country, I can think of no worse. A country is not something that can be judged - a government, a regime, a leader can, but not a country.
I can't revel in any fact because there is no fact, only judgement. I hear your judgment and accept your judgement that America is the greatest country, but I do not accept this to be fact. Winston Churchill once proclaimed "how can our nation rule the waves when we cannot even clean our sewers". It was once British belief that Britain was the greatest and unfortunately, it took two World Wars to to humble that belief. The US has it's fair share of sewers to clean, as does the UK, as does every other country on this Earth.
What grounds are you basing your bold proclaims on? How is a divided nation more great than a united nation?
One thing I never understood in all my visits was people who questioned the governments actions as being "flag burners" or unpatriotic. I thought what made the US great was that people had the right and freedom to do so?