[pct-l] Carrying a SPOT for the rest of us

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri Dec 4 11:24:20 CST 2009

The merits of carrying a SPOT for emergency purposes has been thoroughly
discussed.

What is amazing to me is the response of family and friends following SPOT
users. From the guestbook entrys and emails I've received it really kept
folks deeply connected to 'their' hikers.

The intense impact on non-hikers was completely unexpected.

Only a few folks 'pressed the button' consistently from Campo to Manning and
Nancy was one of them. Check out her excellent journal, it has been viewed
about 100,000 times. Click the 'Pacific Crest Trail Map' link at the bottom
of the info box for the best effect:

http://postholer.com/nancy

-postholer
Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com