[pct-l] temps

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Dec 4 09:00:33 CST 2009

Most people worry about the temperatures in the Sierras, but I was a
lot colder in Southern California. Except one night in the Sierras
when I chose my campsite poorly by sleeping near a creek in a low
spot (Tyndall Creek). I did fine with a 20 degree down quilt,
although I think I spent more nights being way too hot with it than
too cold. Good campsite selection really helps extend the range of
any sleeping bag. And I didn't find rain and condensation to have had
as much effect as I thought it would, although I did get quite
paranoid when the bag got damp.